The zoo is divided into four zones: Asia, Africa, Australia and insects. The insect garden where many butterflies dance is popular. The orangutan skywalk is also popular (cancelled in winter and rain).
The Emperor Showa Memorial Museum
The Emperor Showa Memorial Museum was set up as part of the Showa Emperor’s 50th anniversary as a commemorative project. It is built in the Hanamidori Cultural Centre of the Showa Kinen Park. There are exhibits that relate to the Showa Emperor. Their aim is to be able to show people what life was like back in the Showa era as well as the 87year long life of Emperor Showa. When there is an upcoming anniversary, the museum always hosts special exhibitions so be sure to check their website to see if there are any during your visit to Tachikawa!
- Adult: 510yen
- University & High school students: 300yen
- Elementary & Junior high school: 100yen
- Elderlies (over 65 years old): 410yen
Opening hours March 1st-October 31st 9: 30-17: 00
From November 1st to the end of February 9: 30-16: 30
* Admission is 30 minutes before closing time.
Closed: Monday & Friday (If Monday or Friday is a holiday, the weekday immediately after is closed)
Set ticket for Showa Kinen Park and the Emperor Showa Memorial Museum
- Adult: 760yen
- University & High school students: 630yen
- Elementary & Junior high school: 100円 (only fee at the Emperor Showa Memorial Museum)
- Elderlies (over 65 years old): 520円