A national park full of greenery with a large site equivalent to 39 Tokyo Domes. In addition to enjoying the seasonal flowers in a large panorama, you can also enjoy barbecue, cycling, and boating, and in the summer, you can enjoy the largest pool in the metropolitan area.
Showa Kinen Park is a national park located across Tachikawa and Akishima. You can enjoy various beautiful flowers in the park, which boasts a scale of about 35 Tokyo Domes.
One of the features is that you can see seasonal flowers regardless of the season, such as cherry blossoms, camellias, daffodils, tulips in spring, hydrangea and sunflowers in summer, cosmos in autumn, and southern ka in winter. Seasonal events such as fireworks festivals in the summer and illuminations in the winter are held.
Since the park is quite big, you can enjoy renting a bicycle to get around or riding their park train to get around the park. Both of them are offered at a reasonable price for visitors. You can also ride a low boat or cycle boat at Waterfowl Pond. For families, there are areas where children can move their bodies as much as they want, such as Children’s Playground and Children’s Forest.
Although there is a free area and a paid area of the park, nearly all of the park’s area falls under the paid area. You can buy an admission ticket at various entrances of the park.
Showa Kinen Park entrance
- Adult: 450yen
- Elderlies (over 65 years old): 210yen
- Junior high school and under: Free
Free admission on these days
- 4/29 (Sunday / Holiday) National Holiday (Showa Day)
- 5/20 (Sun) Spring Urban Greening Promotion Campaign
- Free for visitors after 18:00 on 7/28 (Sat.) * In case of rain, the next day
- 9/17 (Mon./holiday) National holiday (Respect for the Aged Day) * Free for people aged 65 and over
- October 21 (Sun) Autumn Urban Greening Month
- 10/28 (Sun) Autumn Urban Greening Month
- Adults (15 years old and over): 3 hours: 420 yen (70 yen every 30 minutes)
- 1-day ticket: 530 yen
- Children (junior high school students and younger) 3 hours: 260 yen (30 yen every 30 minutes), 1-day ticket: 320 yen
- One ride- Adult (15 years old and over): 310yen, Children (4 years old and over, junior high school students and under): 160 yen
- One-day pass ticket (all-you-can-ride for one day)- 4 years old and over: 520 yen
- Silver pass ticket (elderlies over 65 years old): 400 yen